In different ages, child development may vary. This variation may be due to internal or external factors. Child development adheres to a specific design, and which is related to anthropometrics measurement. Details are discussed below. The fast growth of a healthy, normal and nourished child is in the first year of his life. Physical enhancement and performance of the child generally depends on the following factors-
The physical growth, development and efficiency of the baby depends on some of the following:
- Genetic causes: The length of the parents of the late parents is usually faster and the growth of the shorter parent’s child is slow. It is due to genetic causes.
- Nutritional causes: In the absence of nutrients such as the normal growth of the baby is hampered, excess nutrition is obese by the child. The weight of the body, such as less weight, is also one type of malnutrition.
- Socio-economic reasons: Generally poverty, socio-economic condition hinders both the physical growth and efficiency of the child. The physical growth, development, and efficiency of the families of the family, which are good, will be naturally better.
- Circumstances: Enhanced social, emotional and environmental exposure to children and accelerates physical growth.
- Illness: Both the physical and mental development of the child is delayed if a child suffers from illness for a long time. Weight loss, food intake decreases.
- Mental injury: The normal growth of the child is interrupted if there is an emotional injury or pressure from family, society, and environment.
- During pregnancy: If the baby does not have normal and appropriate growth in the stomach, the physical growth of the baby is very slow after birth and the baby is born with the lack of necessary nutrients.
Methods of measuring the normal physical growth of the child:
Almost all babies lose weight in three or four days of birth and get the weight back within 7 to 10 days. In the first three months, there are about 25 to 30 grams per day. After that, the speed of growth decreased a bit. Usually, the weight of five months is almost twice the weight of the child and it is three times in one year. However, weight gain does not increase at the rate of children underweight.
Weighing less than five months before the weight of the child weighs less and their weight increases four times in a year. But this rate does not increase after one year.
The first five to six months after birth, the diagrams are very good. During this period, the weight of the baby is almost twice as high. After this age, the weight of the weight is gradually downward. The reason is that breast milk is not enough for the baby at this time. It is necessary to provide extra food along with breast milk.
The weight of the baby depends on its height. So it is important to determine whether the child’s weight is normal. According to the height, the baby’s weight may be less or more. If weighing less then we will understand the causes of malnutrition or diarrhea.
Height is another measure of child growth. The height of newborn baby is usually 50 cm (20 “). In the first year, its height increases 25 cm 12 cm in the second year. Third, fourth and fifth year respectively increases a height of 9cm, 7cm and 6cm respectively.
If the height is low by age, then it is pointing to low growth. But malnutrition is not directly responsible for the low height of weight. In the past, continuous malnutrition can have an impact on the height of the child. Therefore it is important to record regular height.
Head circumference and chest circumference
These are also baby growth indicators. After birth, the measurement of head cover is also important. Normally, the circumference of the head is 34 cm (14 “). It is 2 cm higher than the chest circumference. But later on the range of the chest increases and it surpasses the scalp of the head. If the child suffers from malnutrition, it can take 3 to 4 years to exceed the circumference of his head.
It’s very easy and important measurement. When the child takes a rest of two hands on the body, then its size can be taken. In the middle of the middle, the middle-arm circumference can be measured by rotating the middle of the middle of the hand with a light but firmly round bottom. Within a year of birth, the middle-arm circumference is rapidly increasing. This time it grows up to 11 to 12 cm. After that, it is almost the same for five years, and a 5-year-old nutrition child’s middle arm goes to 16-17 cm. At this time muscles grow instead of newborn fat. If the middle-arm circumference is 80 percent less than normal, ie 12.8 cm, then it is understandable that children are suffering from moderate to severe malnutrition.
For measuring the development of the baby, it is not advisable to only increase the physical growth of the child. Keep in mind that whether the child’s performance and mental development are normal. Observe the child’s performance and mental growth parameters:
- Neurological growth: At the age of 3 months, the child can walk straight to the neck, sit at the age of 6 months and walk at age 1.
- The development of vision: When the child is 3 months old, the child looks bright when looking at something, can see small objects at the age of 6 months. At the age of 6 months, the child will catch something after catching something on the palm of his hand and the child can catch something at the age of 10 months.
- Development of Nutrition Power: When the child is six months old, he can turn his head back and understand where the word is at 9 months of age.
- The ability to speak: If the child is 6 months old, then by some meaningless words like babu, cha-cha, Mai-Mai, etc. and when one year is full, one can learn to speak the first meaningful words like mother, father, grandfather etc.
The child develops in a few stages-
- First phase: After birth, she is gradually upstairs. Crawls, sitting, standing, walking and running.
- Second stage: Initially, the child learns to recognize only the parents, then gradually the other people know, know, mix up with everyone.
- Third stage: At first tears are the language of children. Slowly he called short, short words like father, grandfather, and mama. One time to learn to talk.
Recent scientific studies have shown that the growth and development of the brain is most rapidly in the mother’s womb – about eighty percent of the population. And the remaining 20 percent increase – up to the first few years of life. Combining all of the above things, you can understand if your baby’s growth is normal. However, it should be noted that this standard of physical and mental development is not fixed. So do not worry about the child and give them time and take care of them.